Monday 17 November 2008

..and some knitting, too.



My Revontuli or Northern Lights shawl has finished blocking and I'm dead chuffed with the result.

I used Kauni Effektgarn in a wonderful mix of greens and browns so it reminds me of an October walk in the woods. The colours in real life are so vibrant - this photo does not do it justice, at all - but being as impatient as usual I couldn't wait for my new camera to arrive. Hopefully, once it does appear and I figure out how to use it, the quality of the photography should improve.

No holding of breath, though! I am a notorious Luddite - technology and I are not exactly best buddies and I tend to leave stuff like that to My Man ....or The Boy (who, at the age of six, is far more au fait with computers etc than I could ever hope to be). I can shop, though...and I feel the need for a different colourway of Kauni. Purples, perhaps. Or blues? Now where did I put my cards...

1 comment:

Sandykins57 said...

I have some lovely Kauni yarn in pink and burgundy. Me thinks that such a shawl in in order. Your's is beautiful! I'm glad you decided to wave your FOs under our noses instead of your family's. I, for one, appreciate it!