Wednesday 19 August 2009

How much yarn??...

In the light of our current situation I thought I'd check out my yarn stash...just to see how serious the diet was going to be.

With visions of a yarn desert before me, I opened the craft cupboard. Firstly my comfort yarn, my 'blankie' as it were......did I have enough to knit my own socks this year, or were my feet going to be condemned to suffer the chill of a British winter??

Panic over!! The yarn stash revealed that frostbite and chillblains were not to be my fate, despite my concerns to the contrary.....I stopped counting once I'd reached enough for twenty pairs. I refuse to admit that I could, possibly, have enough yarn put by to knit more than that number...

Comforted, I tackled the sweater weight yarns.

With a sigh of relief I realised that I could happily knit a few (notice how vague that quantity is??) of my favourite vintage patterns before needing to restock.

There is also enough laceweight yarn for one or two projects...

So, all in all, the zombie plan is in place. I will be able to knit for a while. Hoorah!!

Now, back to more mundane matters.

Will I be able to feed the children??

No comments: